This is massive.
Since the attack on our consulate in Benghazi, Libya on Sept. 11, 2012, the Obama administration and the State Department has insisted that soldiers and security contractors at the embassy were not ordered to stand down by higher-ups in Washington, in spite of the insistence of survivors.
In fact, congressional investigators from the House Armed Services Committee claimed in 2014 that no stand down order had been given.
However, one of the men who survived the attack had a three-word response to that line of thinking: “That’s just silly.”
The words came from Kris “Tanto” Paronto, a former Army Ranger who was part of the security team in Benghazi that night.
Paronto is one of the men who consulted on Michael Bay’s new movie about the Benghazi attacks, “13 Hours.” In an interview on Fox News’ “The Kelly File,” the three men said that they don’t understand why their claims of a stand down order were being dismissed.
“It’s kind of funny,” John “Tig” Tiegen told host Megyn Kelly. “Everything we testified to they agreed with us 100 percent. … But for some reason they don’t want to believe us that we were told to stand down.”
Tiegen, Paronto and Mark “Oz” Geist are the three authors of the book “13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi,” on which Bay’s movie is based.
The interview below (relevant portion starts at 13:00):